Patent Specialist/Attorney JB-193
Israel, Herzliya -Tel Aviv
We are looking for a patent specialist/attorney for an in-house IP role. The successful candidate will work in a wide variety of innovative technologies in a dynamic working environment, and will be supervised and mentored by the IP manager to continuously develop and refine their professional skills and/or adapt such skills to the role and the needs of the company.
The role will include:
- Patent searching;
- Working with and assisting the IP manager to draft and prosecute patent applications;
- Working with technical leaders to extract and develop inventive concepts and technical details;
- Analysis for freedom to operate;
- Collaborating with external patent attorneys;
- Managing documentation and records.
- Flexible hours are available..
- Bachelor of Electronic/Electrical Engineering strongly preferred.
- Related areas of science/technology will also be considered.
- Israeli qualified lawyer; and
- Patent attorney qualified or near qualified.
- 3 years in a patent drafting and prosecution experience in a technology company or patent attorney firm, regardless of the candidate’s qualifications.
- English at a mother-tongue level (must read large amounts of scientific literature and legalese, and must write with precision, clarity and finesse);
- Attention to detail;
- Self-learner and investigator: eager to learn new fields of science and technology independently;
- Strong management of personal workflow;
- Proactively communicates and updates management, in a timely manner; and
- Seeks and responds constructively, and with humility, to feedback.
- Candidates are required to submit their resumé and a cover letter in support of their application and including references to least two publicly available examples of their patent drafting.